PREAMBLE AND CONTACT
THE USE OF THIS SITE MAY INVOLVE COLLECTION, STORAGE, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
The purpose of this document is to inform you about collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal data (“Data”) as a result of using this Site and your rights in this regard. Read this page carefully before you provide us with any Data through the use of this Site.
We are a group of companies acting worldwide. The data controller for this website is MAS Real Estate Inc, a company having its headquarters in Isle of Man (the “Controller” or “we”). Data collected through this Site is processed using systems and procedures common to all entities in MAS Group (“The MAS Group”), based on the group’s legitimate interest. Data can also be used by certain MAS Group entities if the Data you provide is intended for or is connected to a particular MAS company.
For us, your Data security is very important and we make every effort to ensure a confidential and secure framework. If you have any questions about this Policy or any complaints regarding the use of Data, please contact us in writing by email at email@example.com.
DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
Site visit involves automatic data collection regarding: your IP address, operating system and browser type, date when you accessed the Site and approximate location based on IP. Such collection is used for system administration and for security reasons, and to collect aggregate information. These are statistical data about our users’ actions and patterns of navigation.
Types of personal information we collect through the Site and further process include:
- The information you provide when contacting us through any means indicated in this Site. This may include, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number.
- The correspondence with you including, but not limited to, notices, requests, questions, etc.
- Your name, surname and e-mail address, if you subscribe to our newsletter or any other type of mailing list we may make available.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE DATA
We may use the personal data you provide us in our Site to:
- Provide the requested information and to respond to the correspondence received from you;
- To conduct business communications and to forward relevant electronic correspondence to any MAS Group Company;
- Send you updates, newsletters, marketing or any other type information about us, about the MAS Group companies’ projects / campaigns / events / activities, etc if you have indicated that you wish to receive these;
- Contact you when necessary, based on the information you provided.
Your personal data will be stored for the entire duration of your subscription to the newsletter / mailing list, until you unsubscribe or withdraw your consent in any other way. We retain the right to create a suppression list with e-mail addresses which have unsubscribed from our newsletter, based on our legitimate interest to avoid sending any further marketing messages.
When you contact us via e-mail or using any other means made available in the Site, different e-mail retention policies may apply, depending on the MAS Group company you chose to contact. If you would like additional information in this regard, please contact us in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also reserve the right to retain the data if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, solve disputes, etc.
TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE EEA
The information you provide by using this Site may be made available to MAS Group companies outside of the European Economic Area (the Isle of Man and South Africa). If this is the case, we will take steps to ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy and is securely kept and apply the necessary legal safeguards, depending on the jurisdiction of destination. If you do not agree with this transfer, please do not subscribe to the newsletter or submit any personal data through our Site.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
The data you provide to us is treated with maximum confidentiality. However, in some cases, we may be required to disclose your data in order to comply with legal requirements. We may also disclose the data to the MAS Group of companies for administrative data processing purposes, as well as to third parties in the following cases (third parties will only receive the minimum data necessary):
- Companies or individuals who offer us services, if such services involve the processing of Data. For example, we may need to disclose your personal data to our agents or PR advisers, IT & web hosting services providers, e-mail management services;
- If this third party is a professional counselor, attorney, notary public or other similar service provider for us or any of our group companies;
- The data we collect at the time you fill out the newsletter subscription form or any contact form can be transferred to our e-mail campaign service and maintenance service provider; and
- We may also need to disclose the Data to public bodies or courts, if provided by law or necessary to protect our rights and interests.
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites. We do not control the terms and conditions or the privacy practices of these websites.
By sending us an application/enquiry to the e-mail address indicated under CAREERS in the CONTACT page, your information will be received directly by MAS Group. You will then receive further information about the treatment of your personal data.
As a general comment, the MAS Group will collect and use the personal data provided by the candidates such as, for example: name and surname, contact details (home address, telephone number, email address), nationality, citizenship, data related to education, certifications and professional training, languages spoken, employment background, professional skills and competencies, professional association affiliation, as well as any other information deemed relevant in view of ascertaining the qualification for the vacant positions subject to recruiting. Please note that at the initial stage, when you contact us for recruiting purposes, you are not required to provide any specific information and any information you provide is of your own initiative and of your own accord.
Depending on the stage of the recruitment process, the personal data included in your CV will be collected, used and stored in the MAS Group data base in view of undergoing the recruiting process, for activities such as, but not limited to:
- confirming information accuracy, referral checks, professional background checks (including in relation to former employers) within the limits allowed by the relevant legislation, including by accessing public sources of information (e.g. public registries, public professional social media profiles etc.);
- communication with the MAS Group company representatives during the recruiting process;
We advise you to leave out of your resume information that are not relevant in the course of a recruiting process and that have not and would not be at any time requested by us for such purpose, such as political preferences, sexual orientation, hobbies, race, ethnic origins, religious beliefs, family status, health information etc.
The personal data collected and used in the course of the recruiting process will be stored in our data base for the entire duration of such process and will be deleted within 12 to 24 months as of the termination of the recruiting process (depending on the policy of the MAS Group Policy where you applied) in respect of each candidate, except for the cases when the legal provisions impose the storage for a longer period of time. If you want us to stop processing your data before the end of the recruiting process, you may send us a written request in this respect by using the contact information indicated in this Policy. However, you must consider that such request is likely to impact the continuation of the recruiting process in your regard.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO PERSONAL DATA
RIGHT OF ACCESS
During the processing of your data, you may, without being compelled to pay any fees or costs of any kind, obtain from us, based on your request, the following information:
Confirmation that we process or do not process your data;
Access to data and the following information:
- Purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom these data have been or will be disclosed;
- The period for which these data are expected to be stored;
- The right to request us to rectify or delete the data, or to restrict the processing thereof, and the right to object the processing;
- If the data are not collected directly by us, any available information regarding their source;
- The existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling;
- Where data are transferred to a third country, the guarantees relating to that transfer;
- Right to obtain a copy of your data.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
During the processing of your data, you may, without being compelled to pay any fees or costs of any kind, obtain from us within a month of receipt of a written request from you, rectifying such data which are inaccurate, or completing incomplete data.
RIGHT TO ERASURE
For the entire processing of your personal data, you are entitled, without being compelled to pay any fees or costs of any kind, to obtain from us the deletion of your Data, in the following cases:
- Data are no longer required in relation the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- Data subject withdraws consent you have submitted for processing the data and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- You object to the processing of your data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds regarding the processing;
- Personal data has been illegally processed;
- Data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
THE RIGHT TO RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
During the processing of your data, you may, without being compelled to pay any fees or costs of any kind, obtain from us within one month of receipt of a written request from you, restriction of processing in the following cases:
- Defend the accuracy of your data – the restriction will occur during the period we verify the accuracy of the data;
- Data processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of your data, requesting instead the restriction of your use;
- We no longer need your data for processing, but you ask us for establishment, exercise or defense of a right in court;
- During the period when we verify that our legitimate rights as a collector prevail your rights as data subject, if you oppose to data processing.
In this case where processing has been restricted, Data may, except for storage, be solely processed with your consent or be processed for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a right in court or for protecting the rights of another individual or legal entity for reasons of public interest.
THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
During the processing of your data, you may, without being compelled to pay any fees or costs of any kind, obtain from us within one month of receipt of a written request from you, any data concerning you and which you have provided to us in a structured and automatically readable format, as well as the right to transmit these data to another operator, if:
- The processing is based on your consent or a contract, and
- The processing is carried out by automatic means.
Transmission to another operator/controller may be made directly by us, to the extent that you request it, and if it is technically feasible.
RIGHT TO OBJECT AND AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING
You may, at any time, object to data processing, including profiling, and the right to object to data processing which is based on the legitimate interest of your data controller.
Your right to object may be exercised by submitting a request in writing to us, using the contact details provided above.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
If you provided your consent for the processing of your Data, you may withdraw such consent using the means indicated by us. In particular, this right applies for Data processed for the purpose of sending newsletters or other commercial communications where your prior consent was required.
We will reply to your written requests for exercising the rights indicated above within a month of such request. If your request is repetitive or complex, we can extend the term with an additional duration of 2 months. We may also require you to provide certain information in order to identify you as the holder of the rights indicated above. If we cannot establish your identity in a satisfactory manner, we cannot process your request.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Data protection is very important to us. We will take all necessary security measures to protect your data against unauthorized access or to modify, disclose or destroy unauthorized data. This requires internal revisions of data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
All personal information will be processed using secure pages, the SSL encryption system, marked with a lock symbol, located at the bottom of the browser window.
AMENDMENTS TO THE PRESENT POLICY
The present Policy may be unilaterally amended at any time by us. To the extent that such a change occurs, it will be valid from the date of publication of the updated version on our website.
Please also note that other MAS Group companies may apply their own Privacy Policies if you visit their website or interact with them in any other way. Please read the respective Mas Group company policy for further details about how they process your personal data.
LEGAL CHANGES WITHIN THE COMPANY
In the event the Company is involved in a process of reorganization, merger, acquisition, or any other change in management or transfer of assets, your data may be transferred as part of that transaction, at which point we will notify you in this regard.
COOKIES USE POLICY
This policy refers to the cookies and webpages of this Site.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
The cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal, or other equipment of a user accessing the Internet. The cookie is installed via a web browser request from a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome) and is completely “passive” (does not contain software, viruses or spyware and can not access the information regarding the user’s hard drive).
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
These files make it possible to recognize the user’s terminal and present the content in a relevant way, adapted to the user’s preferences. Cookies – are used to prepare aggregated anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our web pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content, excluding personal identification of the user.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
MAKE SURE YOUR BROWSER IS ALWAYS UP-TO-DATE
All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found in your browser’s “options” or “preferences” menu. To understand these settings, the following links may be useful otherwise you can use the browser’s “help” option for more details.
- For third-party cookie settings, you can also check the site Your Online Choices.
If you want to know more about cookies and what they are used for, we recommend the following links: